Bibiana Guerra is a viticulturist and science writer who has written for Wine Business Monthly, Practical Winery and Vineyard and the Viticulture and Enology Review from the University of California at Davis. The articles presented here are taken from research project reports from the USDA Viticulture Consortium East. They represent the latest work ine Eastern viticultural research.
Research Abstracts by Bibiana Guerra
- Effect of Severity of Leaf and Crop Removal on Juice and Wine Composition in Merlot
- Pruning Strategies Following a Freeze Event
- Evaluation of Chemical and Natural Resistance Inducers Against Downy Mildew
- Foliar Application of Abscisic Acid Increases Freeze Tolerance
- Timing of Leaf Removal
- Estimation of Vineyard Water Status through Shoot Tip Observation
- Water Movement through the Berry Surface
- Relationship between Cluster Compactness and Bunch Rot in Vignoles Grapes
- Protection of Grapevine Pruning Wounds Against Eutypa Dieback
- Rootstocks and Soil Management for Acidic Soils
- Evaluation of New Herbicides
- Powdery Mildew
- Berry Synchronization
- Leaf Removal
- Mechanical Pruning and Thinning
Bibiana's research abstracts are made possible by a generous grant from the Pennsyvlania Wine Marketing and Research Program. Karl Zimmerman of Shade Mountain Vineyard is the current president.
Click HERE for an archive of viticulture articles written by Bibiana Guerra for Wine Business Monthly.